2019 Camp Instructions
Here is the information for our New Life Summer Camp. This is going to be another exciting year for our youth. We will experience Acceleration in order to forward the Kingdom as the Holy Spirit gives us a fresh filling of his Spirit.
The camp will be at Camp Elkanah La Grande, Ore. on July 29th. through Aug 2cd.
Students 1st grade through 12th grade may attend
Several Items I need to mention to you.
Please NOTE: If the camper is in the 6th grade, but is younger in age or maybe not as mature as most, the youth leader and/or parent can opt for the younger camp at their discretion. It must be noted on the application.
1. On the web site on the home page (newlifesummercamp.com) you will find:
a. Camp Applications (Staff and Camper) (Please fill out online if possible)
b. Camp map
d. Promo video
e. Items to bring
f. Camp Schedules
g. Prayer and fasting schedule.
h. PayPal for online payments
I. Camp manual/overview (a requirement for all staff attending the 2019 Summer Camp)
j. On the downloads page paper forms can be downloaded.
2. The first step for all staff will be to fill out the counselor’s application package which includes:
a. 2019 New Life Summer Camp Staff Application (Please fill out online if possible)
b. Counselor Certification (Please fill out online if possible)
c. If your church has your background check on file just email me a copy.
3. IF you are accepted, you will be asked to read the camp staff manual and fill out the overview to be turned in by July 1st. (they are also on the website)
4. We are asking all that attend the camp to register on line at the camp website www.newlife summercamp.com. This will simplify the entire process and will assist us in the registration.
5. To be able to keep the cost for the campers @ 125.00 We are asking each camper and staff to bring their personal insurance info. as the primary insurance and your local church info for the secondary. Most churches have a rider for off campus activities. (Leaders should check with their agents.)
6. Each staff member will be asked to pay for their own camp rental ($12.00 per night). The same structure for your insurance coverage will be used as the campers. (again this helps us to keep our cost lower)
7. We will supply a T shirt for each staff person, to be pre-ordered with proper size by June 1st.
8. The dates and price deadlines are stated on the applications.
9. The sooner I can get a count of campers the easier it will be to determine the need for food, staff, etc.
10. We will be ordering Camp T shirts; it is necessary to pre-order with your sizes with your registration on June 1st or before.
11. I am asking each Pastor to set up regular times of fasting and prayer for the New Life Summer Camp. There will be a schedule posted on the web site. We will also have altar workers and a prayer team for this camp.
12. We will accept campers on a first come basis. Please make note that the junior high and teen camp (6th through 12th grade) will be at the same time as the (1st through 5th grade)
13. All campers will be the responsibility of each church arriving at the camp until they are registered and the luggage delivered to the cabins.
14. I have set up a link page for the camp that you can access, and / or correspond by email.
15. If you know of any person, corporation or organization who might be willing to donate cases of food or snacks, it would really help us to keep the costs lower.
If I can be of further assistance or if you have questions or suggestions which we have not addressed, please feel free to contact me:
208-454-1758 Home PH
208-989-3022 Cell PH
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to seeing you at camp,
Bishop Ron Clagg
New Life Summer Camp Director